Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home

Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

This evening marks my first 24 hours back home. What a luxury to return to my own place and the comfort of my own bed. Em quickly reestablished her place in the easy chair, then at the foot of the bed, then IN the bed with me early this morning to sleep in a bit.

As unaccustomed as it may sound, the phrase that keeps running through my head is God bless America. I am tired and glad to be home. My "gratitude fix" has been replenished after a month surrounded by dire poverty with too few solutions in view.

I am slowly making my way back into my normal routine. I return to work on Monday. It will take me a while to reconnect with everyone. I do want to say THANK YOU to all who supported my work, read the blog, and let me know that you were thinking of me back here. Special thanks go to Patty Smith who took care of all things at home, and John and Hannelore Daniel who provided a wonderful 5 star doggie foster home for Em!

I hope to eventually put a few pictures on this site. Until then, thank goodness for HOME. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment