Friday, October 26, 2012

Education is the key

Well, this is my second attempt to get this piece to pusblish and the last whether or not it works. Internet very, very slow. This has been a whirlwind 2 days and there is much to tell. The late hour, the bottle of Prestige and the Haitian pizza are going to take me down very soon, so I will start with the best news. Over the past 2 days I have been delighted to see the work of the bright, energetic young people who I have helped to train as Rehabilitation Technicians over the past 3 years, 2009, 2010 and 2011. They are using the 'hand up' that was offered to them to work in their community here at Hospital Albert Schwietzer and in 3 remote clinics in the mountains. They have welcomed me back to Haiti with warmth and good humor. For all the people who keep asking me how things are going in Haiti, this is the answer. Offer education and skills to the young people and they will build their future. I hope this will post. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment