Sunday, May 29, 2016

There is progress

People often ask me if I see any progress in Haiti, given the crushing problems that often dominate the news. Yes, there definitely IS progress. Many things are better here at Hospital Albert Schweitzer including their greatly expanded Physical Therapy services. The most enjoyable progress for me is easy internet access. I am spending Sunday morning enjoying one of my most favorite pastimes. Reading the New York Times online, especially the Magazine section. I've been at it for about 3 hours, with short breaks for various small tasks. More time than I would usually spend at home holding the actual newspaper in my hands. Ironically my stay in Haiti is showing me that I may be able to give up the newsprint version and go all electronic subscription. Not quite ready yet, especially when reading in bed where a glowing laptop slows, rather than hastens, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment